Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Crown CT4

Ken D.
Ken D. Member Posts: 836
What kind of stack temp. and combustion efficiency are you getting?

Comments

• Ken D.
    Ken D. Member Posts: 836
    Crown CT boilers.

Anyone have experiences with the Crown CT scotch marine boilers good or bad? Looks to be well built and the 3 pass design looks efficient. Thanks for your opinions.
  • STEVEN MARKS
    STEVEN MARKS Member Posts: 154
    ct-4

I have installed a few in the past with a riello burner without any problems. I believe crown was one of the original designers of the 3 pass boiler and has been manufacturing them for 20+ years without any major design changes.
  • I like them,,,

Easy to clean and can be gotten cleaner than the pin style of heat exchanger, so efficiency doesn't fade over the years. Put them up on blocks so the chamber is not so close to the ground, saves your back down the road. Never had an issue. In one case I did a multiple install with them including outdoor reset and saved ~30% in fuel over the original equipment. You have to be careful not to damage the insulation at the back of the barrel when your cleaning and also, I think the larger models require you to pack furnace cement around the burner barrel on the inside of the door after installing the burner. That should be checked and maintained yearly as it tends to crack and fall out.
  • Last I recall

it was 300* and 86%. Pay attention to nozzle size. As the nozzle gets bigger efficiency goes down. I believe only certain models with specific nozzle rates will qualify as energy star.
This discussion has been closed.