Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

bryant furance problem...ggrrrrrr

Paul, you will need to have a separate thread for the boiler question.
The furance problem, its was the module, gas valve, its was the brand new junky Bryant pilot assy that that wouldn't make when being heated up after the pilot lit... After get another another assy, the unit works fine and thanks for your replies to this post.

Comments

• bryant furance problem....ggrrrrr

When on no heat call with bryant furance.. 1990's with electronic # 1007-100 module.
    Got spark and then dropped out, cleaned the rod and replaced the pilot assy, works but takes so long for main burners to come on...
    Today, no heat call again.. Got spark and pilot,, no main burners... Replace the rod and module... Stills same thing... What am I missing on this ? Will go back there with my ingition testing kit... Thanks for all ur inputs..
  • RianS
    RianS Member Posts: 104
    Bryant furnace

That should be a delayed open gas valve. If you have 24V to MV and common after pilot is lit, then the gas valve should open soon after.
  • Right,

Make sure you get 24 to MV right after pilot lights. If there is none the module is most likely the culprit, if you DO have voltage then the GV is suspect. Good luck!
  • D lux_2
    D lux_2 Member Posts: 230
    pick and hold

If you have the first generation gas valve with the pick and hold coil it could be bad. I think the newer valve had a blue knob the old gray. If you replaced the board 3 wire pilot could be gas valve
  • paul beachy
    paul beachy Member Posts: 1
    new boiler

I need to buy a new boiler next year but waiting to find the best effiency possible.Any suggestions?
  • You may have needed to

clean that pilot as they tend to look good as far as the flame but actually need to clean the oriice and suprisingly they work after that.
This discussion has been closed.