Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A Sad Day For The NY Air Guard / Darin Cook

Wild Rover
Wild Rover Member Posts: 41
I thank you and all of your friends for protecting me and me family and I wish you all nothing but the best.

Wild Rover

P.S. Rip it up Saturday night!

Comments

• Darin Cook_5
    Darin Cook_5 Member Posts: 298
    We are being shut down!!!!!!!!

In order for the Air Force to generate money for weapons programs such as the F-22 Raptor and the Joint Strike Fighter they are reducing personnel size by about 40,000 people. We were told by General North when we were in Iraq that about 40% of the Air Force had not deployed into the middle east theatre of operations and thus the Air force could downsize since all resources were not being utilized. We would have never dreamed that WE would be picked while we were STILL SERVING OUR COUNTRY In Iraq!!!!!!!!

New York State has five civil engineering teams of which the 109th CES is one of. The Air Force told the NYS Division of Military and Naval Affairs that one of the teams had to go and they chose us. So tomorrow is the last guard drill we will have, a big party for us saturday night and it is all over.

Alot of tough choices for people as to what to do. Cross-train ( go away to school for months ), get out of the military, retire, or try to find a home at another unit ( tough because all the people at the new unit don't want you "stealing" their stripes). I have chosen to go to the Air Force Reserve over in Mass. It is tough to move on, having served in a combat zone with people you have known for years develops a very close comraderie.

Wish me luck. By the way - I am still in the HVAC shop!!!!!!! I love my job too much to get out of it! I feel that I still have more to give and not ready to throw in the towel just yet!!

Darin

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Darin....

...I'm sorry to hear that. By your reaction, I can tell you are a dedicated serviceman.

Hopefully a silver lining will appear.

Starch
  • Brian_18
    Brian_18 Member Posts: 94
    Head West !!

Darin:
    Come on over to Niagara Falls, the 107th is going strong!!

Seriously, Thank YOU and all of the Guard & Reservists who selfishly give up their time to keep our military forces strong. Volunteerism is NOT dead, there's lots of Darins around, and I wish you all the best in the future.
  • Thank you Darin

And thanks to everyone fighting for our freedom. You are all making a huge sacrifice. I think of you guy's and girls every day. Be safe, Bob Gagnon

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • cornman
    cornman Member Posts: 1

if you think they are keeping you safe then why are the borders wide open? the war on terror is a fraud people. it's a black hole to dump billions of $$$ of no bid contracts into.

the country is so far in debt and less secure bring our troops home and protect our borders and stop making the new world order globalist corporations rich.

they will spend billions in the name of 9-11 but wont spend any to help 9-11 responders who are sick it took 3 years just to start a 9-11 investigation just google wtc 7 video and watch how a 46 story building came down on 9-11 with no plane hitting it. the owner of building seven said they pulled it !!the same day!!!. i wont get into it ll here but please google video it

wake up america we have been took and obama and clinton are not going to save you look at our dollar. all the jobs and manufacturing are going to china. thats not keeping us secure. we dont eaven have a dollar anymore welcome to the new amero just like the eu.

your friend ron paul
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    This is not the place for politics.

Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.