Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

You know you're cheap when...

John R. Hall
John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
...you attach your corkscrew to the top of a 'cheap' wine bottle and instead of drilling into cork, you awkwardly twist through a plastic 'simulated' cork cap. Yes, I am a closet cheapie. How about you?

Comments

• don_192
    don_192 Member Posts: 45
    Never

Never had I ever had to worry about capping a cheap bottle of wine.

• Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Cheapies are

as cheapies say. But, I'm not blind.

Jed
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    don't feel too bad

I hear some of the best wines no longer are corked; but I'm no connoisseur (wino) so how would I know?
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524

How about the black box ( wine in a blatter)?
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Boones Farm...

If you're that cheap....get the "twist off" caps ! (none of that old stuff...give me the fresh! )

Boones Farm Apple , MD 20/20 (right) or Wild Irish Rose are the bum's favorites..... give em' a try!

P.S. Box wines are getting better reviews than some of the bottled varieties now...don't discount them.

Like Keith Richards...I'll sign myself. The Ex-pensive Wino's.

O.K. Milne and/Paul Fredricks...do you remember that? Chris
  • Bruce M
    Bruce M Member Posts: 166
    JCA BEAT ME TO IT!!

Boones Farm baby!! Almost as many flavors as Baskin-Robins!!

****Warning!!!!! Drink at your own risk!*****

Mark H
  • Dating myself...

Annie Green Springs to the rescue!

ME

(former wino)
  • Uni R_2
    Uni R_2 Member Posts: 589
    Wouldn`t tip when a beer cost $1.95

After every 19 beers they had enough nickels to buy a beer. My mother`s home town had quite a few people that cheap.
  • fair warning to

Are you guys are giving fair warnings to those " cheapstakes" to upcoming wetstock in Denver? I wished I can be there to share the md 20/20 and then all boooze farm after that....
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Ah memeories

of Boones (Strawberry flavor) farm back in high school, riding with my 6 buddys crammed into my Dads 63 volkswagon beetle. Arms and legs sticking out the windows, and the shocks bottoming out. Good times. We were so cool back then. But as for being cheap...yes I am. It's my Scottish nature to have long pockets and short arms. I run around the house turning off lights, and I will bend over to pick up change on the sidewalk. That being said. Come see me at Wetstock and I will buy you a beverage. Looking forward to it. (No Boones farm though) WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    99 cent Ripple

Ah, what a cheap buzz. (The favorite cruising wine in my '64 Falcon -- I hope Mom and Dad aren't reading this -- or my teenagers for that matter.)
  • Paul Fredricks_5
    Paul Fredricks_5 Member Posts: 132
    Chris

You got me on that. I have no idea what you are talking about. What are you talking about?

edit: Oh yeah, that sort of rings a bell. Don't think I've ever heard any cuts. Here's what Wikipedia has:

When Jagger refused to tour behind Dirty Work, Richards actively pursued solo work. He formed Keith Richards and the X-pensive Winos in 1988 (first named Organised Crime) with Steve Jordan, who had drummed on the Stones' Dirty Work and in the film Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll, a documentary of Chuck Berry's 60th birthday concert organised, produced and hosted by Richards.

Besides Steve Jordan, the X-pensive Winos featured Sarah Dash, Waddy Wachtel, Ivan Neville, Charley Drayton and Bernie Worrell. Their first release, Talk Is Cheap, produced no Top 40 hits, though it went gold and has remained a consistent seller. It spawned a brief U.S. tour - one of only two that Richards has done as a solo artist. The first tour is documented on the Virgin release Live at the Hollywood Palladium, December 15, 1988. In 1992 Main Offender was released, and the Winos toured again through North and South America as well as Europe.
  • That stuff must not have worked too well

since you actually REMEMBER it......

;-)

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.