Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello 40-series G120/G200 with the Smith Series 8

Options
steve_173
steve_173 Member Posts: 140
Does anyone have experience using the Riello 40-series G120/G200 in general? What about with the Smith Series 8? I can get the Riello from stock versus a 10 week wait on the Smith/Carlin. Any thoughts on how a conversion Riello burner would work versus the custom Carlin one for the Series 8. Carlin says the Smith/Carlin burner is a custom setup that runs a little quiter than the Ez-gas.

One possible advantage is one may be able to tweak the MBH input with the Riello to get more/less sq ft of steam if needed. The downside seems to be Smith hasn't tested it and so you don't know exactly what you are getting.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Big Ed_4
    Options
    Riello F40 G 200

Not sure with the Weil Mc. But I install a pair of Buderus G115/21 one oil and the other gas. Both Riellos (G200 and Buderus preset blue Riello )and you can hear the gas combustion/air intake is a little louder. With instrctions , I did have to increase the gas input. But as always you can see the better quility over the others. And yes you can fiddle out put....

• Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Options

If Smith has not tested it or mentioned it in the certified instruction manual, then the combination is not certified. In Canada, you would need an onsite certification costing $$$$. In the US, if there were some sort of incident, the insurer would go after you for not installing the certified and specified burner.

• steve_173
    Options

Are you sure about that? Smith thought that since their boiler is certified for gas use it can be used with any gas burner of the correct input. However, they can't guarantee performance.
  • steve_173
    Options

I think the power gas are always noisier than oil. Or are you saying the G200 is noisier than other power gas burners? What about the Riello burners is of better quality?
  • Big Ed_4
    Options

Yes. I feel it is made and designed in a higher Quality. And looks like it will be easy to service. Still new aleast with me.Louder then a Carlin ? Could not answer that.

• steve_173
    Options

Thanks. At least I know it isn't junk. I'm guessing Smith chose Carlin because of Carlin's location and perhaps the Riello wasn't available at the time. It is odd that Smith has taken the G8 off its website although the literature is still available.

That noise reducing cover Riello displays on its website didn't do much?
This discussion has been closed.