Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

\"WET STEAM\"

Clark
Clark Member Posts: 8
My new boiler has water running down the gauge glass during operation Air vents blowing and sucking, too. Is this a sign of wet steam? Are there other signs? Any way to "dry it up"?

Comments

• David Nadle
    David Nadle Member Posts: 624

Skimming will fix the waterline problem. I didn't get rid of my panting radiator problems until I insulated the takeoffs from the mains. The mains had already been insulated but it wasn't adequate.
  • Stewy_2
    Stewy_2 Member Posts: 83
    You said new boiler, did you just have it replaced?

• Clark
    Clark Member Posts: 8

Yes, it has been in operation for a couple weeks- Utica PEG-150.
  • David Nadle
    David Nadle Member Posts: 624
    I have the same boiler.

Did they skim it? Or maybe they told you to let it run for a couple weeks and they'll come back and skim it.
  • Keith_39
    Keith_39 Member Posts: 2

definitely do a skim and use a handheld test kit to test the water after you skim for oil. Priming and surging suck. Also make sure that the boiler steam risers (going to the header) are not sized too small. 2" is usually good, but can cause a problem here and there. It's ALWAYS worth it to use 3" or twinned 2" risers.

• Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684
    "We see the world as WE are, not as IT is, because it is the "I" behind the EYE that does the seeing"

• It's too late for this now but, did you get other estimates on this job before you hired him. If you did was he the lowest or the highest? If he was the lowest I'd say you got what you paid for. If he was the middle guy I'd say the same. If he was the highest, then he is a conartist, and I would hire someone that knows what they're doing to take care of it & send him the bill.
    P.S.
    If you're tempted by what I wrote to say prices, please do not. It's the rule 'round here
This discussion has been closed.