Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Report from across the pond

and have a pint for us! ;)

Comments

• Jimmy Gillies
    Jimmy Gillies Member Posts: 250
    Report from across the pond

Ah well, Autumn is here again in the UK & as allways we are rushed of our feet. Boiler not starting up, boiler breaking down - all sorts. Given the financial crisis, it's not the right time to replace boilers that's for sure!! Sometimes it's the case of needs must & the old one has had it's day.

Funny, but it's taken this situation to jolt people into thinking about their energy use & try to be more 'Green'. Solar has become very popular here, Geothermal & Air Source also of great interest. With Government funding & Grants available there is no better time to look at some of these products. However, most can only afford a condensing boiler, when it's time for a change, but hey, every wee bit helps.

So I'm sure we are all in the same boat and rushed of our feet, but it's good sometimes to try to take time to look at the big picture.

Thanks for reading.
    Jimmy
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    pond skimming

"most can only afford a condensing boiler" HAHAHAHAHAH!While I sell alot of them most installers here won't even OFFER a condensing boiler to their customers. The majority of sales from most contractors are still cast iron 82%eff lumps with no outdoor reset.
  • Bob Boltz
    Bob Boltz Member Posts: 25
    ISH

Jimmy, I'm I going to see you at ISH in March?

Bob

• the sun shines in the UK? ;)
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Nice to see

you posting Jimmy. Always a pleasure.

Glad things are good. Hows the boy ?

Scott Milne

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.