Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

esso oil burner model ECS 13

Options
Kevin_66
Kevin_66 Member Posts: 1
I guess your advice for the following setup is to donate it to the Smithsonian, it is the Esso Ultramatic GRF96B-110/91-9 with Esso Oil Burner C OAC-186-2H.

The last time I fired this up a couple of years ago I started to get light headed good thing the house (cabin) is very drafty I think. I am just using Electric and Wood Fire for heating right now.

Could I get a better modern Oil Burning Furnace that will be able to use existing duct and chimney system?

Comments

• John_214
    John_214 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    ESSO oil burner model ECS 13

Would you know where I could get replacement parts for an ESSO oil burner model ECS 13? I'm specifically looking for new clutch pads and a burner tube. Thanks , in advance, for any feedback.
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Options
    That burner has earned its retirement

time to upgrade. A properly installed new burner will save you at least 10% on your oil usage. What type of boiler or furnace do you have?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • mtfallsmikey
    mtfallsmikey Member Posts: 765
    Options
    Gosh!

I worked on those as a youngster..still have an Esso badge from an old burner!
  • ESSO?

Wow, I haven't heard that name in 30 years at least. Is there a tiger in the tank? ;)
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Exactly

if you still have a clutch drive ESSO then it was install say pre 1965 . Forget the burner replacement , your twenty + years too late for that. Time to replace the whole boiler or furnace.

As far as parts ? It was hard to get the clutches thirty years ago.
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
This discussion has been closed.