Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler noise

Options
Paul LeGron
Paul LeGron Member Posts: 11
Thanks Bruce for your opinion. Could this mineral deposit be flushed out, and what caused this to do this, is it because the boiler is Cast Iron? If flushing was to take place, if it is possible, how long would you guess it would last before reappearing and would some kind of chemical have to be added?
Thanks again,
Paul LeGron

Comments

• Paul LeGron
    Options
    Boiler noise

I have a customer with a Am.Std. 66,000 BTU gas fired boiler Model GPM 3 Series 1BJ1 that to the best of my knowledge is full of water and is circulating that when the burners come on it sounds like water is boiling in the boiler. The boiler pressure is at 12# when cold and will expand to 15# when the high limit opens. When the high limit is open and the pump is circulating the system is quite as you would want it to be. Do any of you guys have any thoughts as to what might be causing this? I never have experienced this before. Thanks

Paul LeGron
    LeGron Plumbing
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Options
    Sounds like...

...you may have scale buildup inside the boiler. Water treatment chemicals may be in order.
  • Bruce Stevens_2
    Bruce Stevens_2 Member Posts: 82
    Options
    My first instinct is to say

a new boiler, but short of that you have mud or mineral buildup on the waterside of the HX and when the burner is on you are making steam between the the mud/mineral layer and HX and you hear it percolating like a coffee pot.
  • Paul LeGron
    Options
    Boiler Noise

Thank you John for your input. I had mentioned this to my customer, but have never experienced this before, so I am glad to have your opinion and will share this with my customer.
    Thanks again,
    Paul
  • Bruce Stevens_2
    Bruce Stevens_2 Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Call Rhomar

I will find number later have to run
This discussion has been closed.