Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NTI Trinity Ti

You are on the right track, but choosing a contractor is easier than picking the right boiler. A good contractor will perform a heat load analysis (getting the right size the first and most important step) and offer the ModCon he is most familiar with.

Consider also, Buderus, Lochinvar's Knight, Triangle Tube's Prestige, SlantFin's Bobcat and Weil McClain's Ultra.

An indirect IS the only way to heat domestic hot water and professional installation and service will save money and aggravation in the long run.

Comments

• Jake_6
    Jake_6 Member Posts: 2
    NTI Trinity Ti

We're upgrading from an old oil boiler to a tankless LP unit. This is our first house and a new unit is a big investment right now. Does anyone have an opinion on this manufacturer / model?

http://nythermal.com/Products/boilers/gas/trinity.htm

We live in MA in a 1800 sq. ft cape with 2 baths. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake
  • grant_3
    grant_3 Member Posts: 1
    NTI

I have been looking at the same product for our 95 yr old 1900 SF home. I have a cousin that has installed the Trinity. He's saved a bundle in heating cost. Only complaint was the unit somehow got shut-down in the winter - possibly from wind blowing into the air supply vent.
  • jjm
    jjm Member Posts: 1
    buying a boiler

yes trinity can be a great boiler but i have done plenty of work on them and they are problem pron i would personally use a burnham i think simple is better ...
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 764

I have 25 of these boilers installed. I do not think they are any more prone to problems then any other boiler. But a novice should not attempt alone. They must be pumped and piped correctly, just like any other boiler using this style of heat exchanger, and there are several that use this same set up. I have had a few problems with defective controls, but the fix was very easy and have never had a problem with support. I do not think much of their combo unit that also acts like a tankless water heater. If you are going to all the work to put a boiler in, use an indirect water heater.

Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman
  • Wayne_27
    Wayne_27 Member Posts: 4
    NTI Trinity

I had mine installed 5 years ago and it broke down 7 times in the first two years, a total of 12 times altogether.

Twice this year we had repair bills greater than $500.
    Absolutely no support from NTI, as they deal only with the contractors. They don't even return my calls.

We have it combined with the tankless water heater. Every time we turn on the hot water a loud sound reverberates through the pipes; can only be fixed with expensive labour.

Give this a miss.

Michael
This discussion has been closed.