Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oliver Wendell Douglas dead at 99

John R. Hall
John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
We could discuss how the Douglas farmhouse could be modernized using radiant floors and walls; and high-velocity ahu's with 13 SEER a/c coil. We could also list the many ways that Alph and Ralph Monroe could have done a better job of designing the Douglas bedroom. Maybe a food expert could suggest creative ways to prepare the Lisa Douglas hotcakes. Wow, the possibilities are endless. "...Land, spreadin' out so far and wide..."

Comments

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen Acres

Eddie Albert passed away Thursday at the age of 99. I loved Green Acres and I bet you did too. C'mon admit it.

That's one of the cult classics of the 60s and one of the theme songs that everyone knows the words to. C'mon, sing it with me..."Greeeeeeeeeeen Acres is the place to be..."
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Wetstock Table Dsicussion

How about a Green Acres table discussion at Wetstock? The coutdown to the final waltz continues.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380

"Keep Manhattan, just give me that country-side"
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Addie Albert

I wonder if he saw the newest version of the movie "The Longest Yard" of which he was the Warden in the original cast. Wasn't he also in the Movie Version of Oklahoma with Shirley Jones (a yesteryear hotty). I'll never forget the neighbor on Green Acres asking for Mrs Douglas' Flapjacks every day. Turns out he was using them to shingle his roof. LOL. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770

I still watch this show when TV Land runs it. I was in the 6th and 7th grade when it was a first run show. I never lived in the city nor do I farm but I love "land spreading out so far and wide" a thing slowly slipping away from us today.

Leo
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    How fitting, in a strange way

that he should die now.

Did you know this about him?

In the years before America entered the war, Albert was in Mexico with the Escalante Brothers' Circus, playing the clown and doing a high wire act. While there, he photographed German U-boat activity as an "amateur spy" for Army intelligence. Once enlisted, he served as a lieutenant and was part of the first wave of Marines at Tarawa, witnessing unspeakable atrocities.
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Was thinking the same thing about a friend of mine

43 years old, former Marine, now a plumber. Went to grade school, junior high and high school with him, then we went our seperate ways, Him to the Marines, and I went to college. I lost touch with him until about 10 years ago. We were both working in the trade. When I was slow, he would put me on for a few days, and I would do the same for him.

He thought that he was having a gall blader attack, turns out it was cancer, he was dead within two weeks of knowing he was sick.

Left a wife, and 3 kids, his middle one graduates high school next week.

Fitting a Marine should pass this close to Memorial Day.

Chuck Shaw
    (former ET2 USN)
This discussion has been closed.