Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rinnai products

They are here to stay.

Being one person who has been overseas many times and these units are common, they also have a bigger selection and more features that we have not seen yet.

The incorporation of recirc connection built in, multiple sequencing capability with just a field cord and many other features make them the choice in many applications. Sure retrofits will still lag due to gas capacity requirements but, watch for them to become the norm on new installs residential & commercial.

Just around the corner will be a dual certified (DHW/Heating) condensing unit vented with PVC. Although this unit will be limited to low temps (max-140) due to venting, the price point being much lower will make many rethink their application once Cat III venting is not required.

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

Last night I went to a Rinnai tankless cert class and was totally blown away at the product & websites. These units are rated for use as boilers (radiant floor) and have many great features. You can even get a hydro air handeler unit made fir use with them that serves you DHW as well. The website lets you turn the temp up & down and adjust the incomming water temp to see the modulation in real time depending on your needs. They also covered how to use a buffer tank and re-circ...including how to use the cold pipe as a return for re-circ in a existing plumbing situation. I thought it was all cool stuff. Any opinions on this brand? Outdoor rated down to -30*!

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Mad Dog!!!!!!!!
    Mad Dog!!!!!!!! Member Posts: 157
    We've installed them with no problems whatever

on domestic water heating applications. The next opportunity that comes up, i.e., a situation where the price of a seperate boiler is an issue, the Rinnai will be offered as a heating option. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Re: Rinnai

I just did one a couple months ago, I had a hard time accepting the job as I am a Boiler guy! But I weighed the options and this was a small guest house that had slab on grade, new. Used a brazed plate heat x and Tekmar reset control for the slab temp. Boiler operates at it's normal dhw setting. Worked great for this but Boilers are still my norm and not changing any time soon. Tim
  • I hope...

none of you guys are using the potable water for space heating...

Think legionella.

I've been asked to get involved recently in a spate of leginoairres disease cases. This stuff is real.

Someone once said "Show me the bodies..." They're starting to pile up.

ME
  • Kevin O. Pulver_2
    Kevin O. Pulver_2 Member Posts: 87
    I use a heat exchanger

to do both my DHW and radiant. I don't think it's ideal, but it saves lots of space which is important in my house.
    Kevin
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

As shown from the factory diagrams, the 160* water runs through the air handler, then hits a 3-wy mix valve before servicing the DHW. I personally would use a HX for heating / DHW mix use applications.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
This discussion has been closed.