Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Friday night funny.

Robert O'Connor
Robert O'Connor Member Posts: 97
The cop would know better....

All the Best

Robert

ME

Comments

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    This is great !

Truely priceless ! Chris
  • Robert O'Connor_8
    Robert O'Connor_8 Member Posts: 53
    bells!!!

Bear Story> >>> >>The following (first two) pictures are of a guy who works for the US> >>Forest Service in Alaska and his trophy bear. He was out deer hunting> >>last week when a large grizzly bear charged him from about 50 yards> >>away. The guy unloaded his 7 mm Mag Semi-automatic rifle into the bear> >>and it dropped a few feet from him. The big bear was still alive so he> >>reloaded and shot it several times in the head. The bear was just over> >>one thousand six hundred pounds. It stood 12' 6" high at the shoulder,> >>14' to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever> >>recorded in the world. Of course, the Alaska Fish and Wildlife> >>Commission did not let him keep it as a trophy, but the bear will be> >>stuffed and mounted, and placed on display at the Anchorage airport> >>(to remind tourist's of the risks involved when in the wild). Based on> >>the contents of the bears stomach, the Fish and Wildlife Commission> >>established the bear had killed at least two humans in the past 72> >>hours. His last meal was the unlucky nature buff in the third picture> >>below. The US Forest Service, backtracking from where the bear had> >>originated, found the hiker's 38-caliber pistol emptied. Not far from> >>the pistol was the remains of the hiker. The other body has not been> >>found. Although the hiker fired six shots and managed to hit the> >>grizzly with four shots (they ultimately found four 38 caliber slugs> >>along with twelve 7mm slugs inside the bear's dead body) it only> >>wounded the bear - and probably angered it. The bear killed the hiker> >>an estimated two days prior to the bear's own death by the gun of the> >>Forest Service worker. Think about this - If you are an average size> >>man; You would be level with the bear's belly button when he stood> >>upright, the bear would look you in the eye when it walked on all> >>fours! To give additional perspective, consider that this particular> >>bear, standing on its hind legs, could walk up to an average single> >>story house and look over the roof, or walk up to a two story house> >>and look in the bedroom windows.> >>
  • Robert O'Connor_8
    Robert O'Connor_8 Member Posts: 53
    I'll try

and find the pics that accompany the above story. This is a 4-5 year old story. Maybe some of the Alska crowd will add in . Where is Pat Clark these days?

All the best

Robert

ME
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    A friend of mine

Dave Hypes, a friend of mine was moose hunting in Alaska in 1999 with a group of 6 guys from the sawmill where he worked. He was hunting on the edge of a large bog watching three of his buddies about 1/4 mile away on the other side, pack out a moose they had killed that morning. He said he saw a brown bear about 200 yards behind them, tracking them with its nose to the ground just like a beagle trailng a rabbit. He told me the bear looked like it was the size of an S-10 Chevy pickup. He shot up in the air and hollered at his friends to get them to look back. They promptly dropped the moose meat and ran. To something that size, everything and anything is lunch.
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Cleaned up

Robert, I kinda cleaned it up so it may be easier to read.

======================================

Bear Story

The following (first two) pictures are of a guy who works for the US Forest Service in Alaska and his trophy bear. He was out deer hunting last week when a large grizzly bear charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy unloaded his 7 mm Mag Semi-automatic rifle into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The big bear was still alive so he reloaded and shot it several times in the head. The bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds. It stood 12' 6" high at the shoulder, 14' to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world. Of course, the Alaska Fish and Wildlife Commission did not let him keep it as a trophy, but the bear will be stuffed and mounted, and placed on display at the Anchorage airport (to remind tourist's of the risks involved when in the wild). Based on the contents of the bears stomach, the Fish and Wildlife Commission established the bear had killed at least two humans in the past 72 hours. His last meal was the unlucky nature buff in the third picture below. The US Forest Service, backtracking from where the bear had originated, found the hiker's 38-caliber pistol emptied. Not far from the pistol was the remains of the hiker. The other body has not been found. Although the hiker fired six shots and managed to hit the grizzly with four shots (they ultimately found four 38 caliber slugs along with twelve 7mm slugs inside the bear's dead body) it only wounded the bear - and probably angered it. The bear killed the hiker an estimated two days prior to the bear's own death by the gun of the Forest Service worker. Think about this - If you are an average size man; You would be level with the bear's belly button when he stood upright, the bear would look you in the eye when it walked on all fours! To give additional perspective, consider that this particular bear, standing on its hind legs, could walk up to an average single story house and look over the roof, or walk up to a two story house and look in the bedroom windows.

• Robert O'Connor
    Robert O'Connor Member Posts: 97
    Thanks Southern Man!

• Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Too much time...

You have way too much time on your hands, Jeff!

Keep Smilin'
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
  • Brad White_75
    Brad White_75 Member Posts: 15
    Here you go...

There are other photos semi-related on the internet. Snopes.com is my clearing house for rumor and fact. There are other photos there that I will not post here for obvious reasons.

To keep grizzly bears away from me here in Boston, I whistle show tunes. It must be working!

Brad

p.s. Point of fact, the hunter was an airman at (IIRC) Elmendorf AFB and he did not use a "7mm Magnum semi-auto", a contradiction in terms having seen one...
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Coffee and doughnuts....

iused to have a picture of one of those because they like to raid the doughnut guy at break time,mauling the unsuspecting who were unsharing. thing is they like sugar ,so... if you are ever in question as what to do when you see one remember this they are faster and bigger than you :)
  • Brad White_75
    Brad White_75 Member Posts: 15
    So, Weezbo...

A box of Krispy Kremes or a 5-clip of .458 Magnum soft-points, which should I choose? <:)
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Bad continuation....

Brad, one other choice.....Seek a police vehicle and throw the scent off to them.

I know...it had to be said. Chris
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    The .458

500 grain soft points have juuuussst a tad more whoa power than a box of KK donuts.
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Two men hiking

in the Alaskan wilderness and one spots a Grizzly Bear taps his buddy Jake on the shoulder and points at the bear, Jake quickly sits on a fallen log and puts his running shoes on his buddy Jed says "you can't out run that bear." Jake says "don't have to, just have to out run you."
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Welll....

if you sweeten them up with the Krispy Kremes the bear would taste better:)

someday*~/:) when he grew up:)
This discussion has been closed.