Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help -Split system AC

Options
tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
Look into the inverter drive mitsubishi split system, quite a cool unit. Good luck, Tim

Comments

• jim_72
    jim_72 Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Help Split System AC

Hi Guys you have be great help visa v steam but I have a AC question. I need to AC bottom floor. I'm in Queens and local AC guy deals in Friedrick products. Choice is 12M to 18M Split system or 12m to 18m portable`unit. The portable is louder but cheaper.Has anyone had any of these systems installed Friedrick's or other with good results. It's going to happen I just would like to hear so feedback about reliability and brand.Thanks Jim
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Options
    Reliability and brand

A few things, Jim.

1 - Friedrich has been one of the, if not the, major players in the window air conditioner side of the industry.

2 - The quality of their split systems seems to be inline with that of their window equipment

3 - When installing a split system, it becomes part of the structure and, although it may be more expensive from a first cost standpoint, it increases the value of the structure.

4 - Personally, I would go for the split system

5 - There is an area at the bottom of the wall called "Ask Professor Silberstein" for your air conditioning and refrigeration questions.

6 - Go with the split... from one Queens resident to another.

Best of luck.
  • JackFre
    JackFre Member Posts: 225
    Options
    A question worth asking...

Is the Friedrich unit last years or this years. Friedrich's units are a private label for Fujitsu. Last years 12k was 11 seer. This years is 21 and just better all around. It will require a 20 amp dedicated circuit.
This discussion has been closed.