Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for Help

Gene Rosen
Gene Rosen Member Posts: 1
Dear Maggie,
I feel like I know you since I know Dan and you know Dan and 1 and 1= THREE. I visited a man with ALS for a year while he was in a nursing home. I came with an alphabet board and **** would make a "noise" when I arrived at the right letter. It was slow, but it worked. **** died and I so admired his courage to be locked up in a body that doesn't work with your good and right mind.
God bless you for this work and good things to you always.
I will send a donation by mail.

Be well dear Maggie.

Gene Rosen

Comments

• Maggie Reed Lutz_2
    Maggie Reed Lutz_2 Member Posts: 4

Hello All -

I am a frequent visitor on the Wall, although I don't always post. I have seen how kind and generous that Wallies can be so I'm coming here for some help.

I am trying to gather sponsors for a walk that I am participating in on August 6th in Dunkirk, NY. It is the billy mead 5K run/walk for research (www.billymeadals5krun.com). This walk is near and dear to my heart as Billy Mead was my uncle, who passed away a few years ago from ALS also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.

My Uncle Billy was a great man - everyone who met him, loved him. Unfortunately, his life was cut short due to this tragic disease. I never once saw him angry after his diagnosis. He wanted to fight this disease so along with family and friends, he started this race six years ago in an effort to raise money for ALS research. To date, this event has raised close to a half million dollars for ALS research. Proceeds from our event go mainly to Project ALS (www.projectals.org), a national charity that focuses on research to finding a cure for ALS. A small part of our proceeds go to a fund that helps people in the Chautauqua County (New York State) area living with ALS.

Unfortunately, I don't have a way to accept donations online, but checks could be mailed to:

billy mead als 5K run for research

PO Box 466

Dunkirk, NY 14048

Thank you all.

Maggie Reed Lutz
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    MRL...

Since you are not known here and as we wish to protect the integrity of this sight, If you know Dave DaMico in Dunkirk, it is best that you go thru him and have Dave contact me Mike T. Empire Mechanical so we can verify your Charity request. It's not that we don't feel, but to send checks is something that needs credibility to proceed. Please contact Dave (DaMico Heating/Cooling) with your request and have him call me. "Chico" is a good man and lives in Dunkirk so I am sure you have met. After that You will still need permission from Dan Holohan, the founder of this wonderful site to continue.

Thanks for your time,...

Mike T, Empire Mechanical, Buffalo, NY
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Maggie's got my permission,

and my blessing, and she'll soon have my check, Mike. Thanks for watching out for all of us.

For those who don't know, Maggie IS ECR International. She's also got a few relatives who play a part. ;-)

Thanks to everyone who will help out with this.
    Retired and loving it.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Wake up Maggie I think I have

something to say to you (Rod Stewart) I'll help, nice of you to do this. Best of luck!

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Empire_2
    Maggie, I'll Help To.....

> something to say to you (Rod Stewart) I'll help,

> nice of you to do this. Best of luck!

>

> hot

> rod

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 144&Step=30"_To Learn More About This

> Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in

> "Find A Professional"_/A_

• Empire_2
    Maggie, I'll Help To.....

Sorry to bust your buttons.....How much do you need?

Mike T.
  • Maggie Reed Lutz_2
    Thanks

Mike T. -

I totally understand you looking out for everyone on the Wall. Thanks for you offer to donate - any amount would be graciously accepted.

Thanks to Dan for allowing me to post and to all those who donate.

Maggie
  • Tom_18
    Tom_18 Member Posts: 2
    billy mead run

Hi Everybody,
    The checks are starting to roll in. Thanks to everyone for your support.
    Tom Reed
  • Maggie Reed Lutz_2
    ALS

Thank you for your kind words, Gene and for your willingness to help. ALS is really a terrible disease and I appreciate you sharing your story of you experience with the disease. I'm sorry that your friend lost his battle - I hope that someday there will be a cure for ALS.
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    I can vouch for Maggie

Maggie has been a friend to The NEWS for several years and we have met on several occasions. She is very nice person and is doing this for a very worthy cause. Good luck Maggie!
  • Maggie Reed Lutz_2

Thanks, John.
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    ALS

My good friend, mentor, and industry icon - Tom McCart, was struck down in his prime by this terrible disease. My check is in the mail. -DF

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.