Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

additional circulator installation

Options
always arise on converted gravity systems, like Al says, have a pro check-out the piping scheme.<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• Gord B - Saskatchewan Canada
    Options

Have a hot water heating system in a 1912 house. Likely was gravity system as lines are large. The boiler was replaced in 1976 and has a circulator in the return line. Previous owner made some revisions - removing a few radiators and adding a some fin-tube baseboard heaters on long 3/4" and 1/2" lines at the end of a run. Naturally they don't get any flow - or heat. Can one install an in-line booster pump or do I have to go back to the boiler and put in a separate zone?
  • Al Letellier_9
    Al Letellier_9 Member Posts: 929
    Options
    conversion piping

You could use a booster pump to help flow, but it is hard to say without eyeballing the piping. Best bet is to get a heating pro in there to evaluate and assist.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Gord B - Saskatchewan Canada
    Options

This system was likely modified by a plumber who thought he was a professional heating tech. True old school 'pros' are hard to find. I am trying to become one. Sites like this one are GREAT! I've learned a lot since we got this house. Any more good places to learn the 'trade'??

• Hi Gord - how about those Riders!

An excellent local source of heating advice is Wolseley (both Regina and Saskatoon have dedicated heating departments).

They can direct you to some very qualified heating contractors as well.
This discussion has been closed.