Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Robert Goulet is gone,

ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
My Mom used to play his records. He had a great voice.

Impossible Dream during the 1967 Sox run was a classic.

Gees, Dave, next your going to tell us Niel Young is Canadian.

Scott

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=237&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Many of us older people,

may remember this Canadian, but his time has come.

Dave
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Sorry to hear that...

I recall Mr. Goulet singing, "Try to Remember (that Time in September) if I have that right, when I was in 2nd. Grade, 1964 or so.... The Impossible Dream from Man of LaMancha..

I did not know he was Canadian either! Next you're going to tell me that Captain James T. Kirk is really not from Iowa....
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Brad,

I think William Shatner is from Ottawa, but not sure! I know Canadian is on his docket.

Dave
  • Glenn Sossin_2
    Glenn Sossin_2 Member Posts: 592
    Camelot

I saw him on broadway in Camelot. He was very good. A good man. He will be missed.
  • Thanks Glenn,

Canadians are very proud of "our boys made good!"
    Different musical generation, but I liked his stuff.

Dave
  • Tim Lindstrom
    Tim Lindstrom Member Posts: 42
    That's why everyone should do something to make a difference!

Wouldn't it suck to check out and not be missed? Make a difference while we are here.
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Robert Goulet was American

Robert Goulet was American but grew up in Canada.
    Acording to what I just read.

Leo
  • Stuart Rogers
    Stuart Rogers Member Posts: 49
    American for the first three months!

Wikipedia says, Robert Goulet was born in Lawrence, Massachusetts as the only son of French Canadian parents, Joseph Georges Andre Goulet and Jeanette Gauthier... The family returned to Canada when Goulet was three months old, and he spent his formative years there.

Stuart says, I remember my mom coming home from seeing Robert Goulet performing at Malkin Bowl in Stanley Park, Vancouver ("Theatre Under the Stars") in the mid-50's, and raving about his wonderful voice. I think she still has some sheet music from the time with his photo on the cover -- Kiss Me Kate, or Camelot or some other big musical. Sorry to say goodbye, he had a great voice and left a wonderful legacy.

Stuart
    (Toronto now, Cloverdale BC, near Vancouver, as a wee lad ;-)
  • Tim Lindstrom
    Tim Lindstrom Member Posts: 42
    So he's North American

Okay, our Canadian Neighbors like Tim Hortons and I like Starbucks and we stole most of Canada's hockey teams. Let's not fight about who he belongs to, it really doesn't matter.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

My family and I saw him in South Pacific just a few years ago in New Haven. He was still very good. He will be missed.
  • Whatever,.

can`t we all agree the guy was OK?
    Different generation, but still, OK

Dave
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Anybody remember

His 'one season' wonder, TV show "Blue Light" from 1966. Sadly, I am old enough to remember watching it.
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    TV Show

John,

I also remember his TV show but I was only in Jr High.

:)

Leo
  • Tim_41
    Tim_41 Member Posts: 153
    National Anthem

I think he sang the National Anthem In Lewiston Maine for the Ali/frazier fight. I think it was Frazier.
  • John Barba
    John Barba Member Posts: 166
    If it was in Lewiston...

it was Ali-Liston. '65-'66 sound about right?
This discussion has been closed.