Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wiring to a furnace

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
Just wire up your zone panel for normal hydronic zoning w/ thermostat for hydroair zone. Only interface between air handler and hydronic system will be a strap on aquastat on the return pipe of coil in duct at furnace. Then take R&G terminal wires from furnace to contacts on aquastat. Then when coil gets hot it will turn fan on and will have warm air right at start. set aquastat at maybe 95 degrees Good luck

Comments

• Justin Gavin_5
    Justin Gavin_5 Member Posts: 26
    Using a furnace as an air handler

Heh Guys,

I am installing a boiler to take care of a house with an existing forced air system. I have installed a Munchkin with a buffer tank, to take care of a super store, radiant in the basement (roth panel) and staple up on the first floor. I connected a hot water coil to the ductwork and I am trying to figure out how to wire the furnace to the boiler. IN the past I always used air handlers that had relays and I have considered using a taco hydro air control but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a different approach.

The furnace is an older Amana 95 and I have a B & G relay panel.

Any help would help.

Thanks,

Justin
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Hello Justin:

While there are a few way's to do this, I would, (depending on if using pump or ZV) Have the stat for the A/H energise the blower through a DPDT relay, but in series ad a temp control to avoid the cold shot. Also upon a call for heat, that same relay can energise the pump or ZV. If using a pump make sire there is a Flow check on it.

My .02

Mike T.

Mike T.
  • I like time delay relays...

Have the same signal energize the pump and the time delay. That way the pump starts, warms up the coil and then the fan starts. I'd go with something like 45 sec on and 90 off to capture any residual heat left after the pump shuts off. I would wire 110volts acroos the timer contacts staright to the low speed lead on the motor. (If there is one)
This discussion has been closed.