Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham Megasteam

Options
Jim_83
Jim_83 Member Posts: 67
Glenn,
I hope the timing works for me on this boiler.
You and all the other folks here have taught me a lot about boilers and heating. It make me a better consumer.

Thank you for the information.

Comments

• Jim_83
    Jim_83 Member Posts: 67
    Options

I am a homeowner that needs to replace a steam boiler for this heating season. The boiler was still working last heating season, but was leaking. I don’t think I can wait till next heating season to replace the boiler.

I have read posts here about the Burnham Megasteam. It sounds like a great boiler. Will it be generally available in the Boston, MA area soon? Is there any product literature available for the home owner?

What do you expect the reliability of the new boiler? It has not stood the test of time. A very reliable boiler is important to me.
  • Jim

The MegaSteam is in the early introductory stages and is expected to be released sometime this fall. We have some ways to go with getting the production of these geared up and to build an inventory of them first. These are oil-fired only and the Literature, Installation manuals and other support material has yet to arrive from the printers as well.

The boiler was unveiled at two contractor events we held at Fenway Park a few weeks ago and the reception of it has been wonderful. The testing we do in our lab is around the clock with non-stop operation and under controlled circumstances so we can alter the water quality and other factors and otherwise try and kill the boilers we test. All of the test results have been very positive thus far.

We also need to finalize the local and state approvals on all new products and they take a little time. Thanks for the consideration.

Glenn Stanton

Manager of Training

Burnham Hydronics

U.S. Boiler Co., Inc.
This discussion has been closed.