Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

This old house

Options
Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
Did anyone catch last night's episode? Mike Sylvia was helping a lady put in a sump pump. As they were working next to the furnace (where a dedicated 20A 120V receptacle just happened to be)I could not help but notice the large, red tag on the gas valve to the furnace, and the valve was on....Hummmmmmmmmmm...

T

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=387&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ask This Old House...

was in Denver last month doing some hydronic modifications to an existing system. Funny what happens off camera, and on camera for that matter.

Richard Trethewey was working this job. We "helped" off camera. When Rich turned the power to the system on, a solid state component with a factory defect decided to "let the smoke out"...

I HATE when that happens...

In one part of the show, Richard had to bust an 1-1/4" rusted in nipple loose. I offered to soften it up off camera, but Rich said he could handle it on camera.

Good thing we had a 24" aluminum cheater available.

Great fun working with he and the crew. Just wish it paid better :-)

Watch for it in December.

ME
  • Brad White_125
    Brad White_125 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Mark

Did you get any Camera Face Time??
  • bb_7
    bb_7 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    it's not easy

to explain to a HO in a few minutes everything about hydronics or steam.

While I was w/ Danfoss we donated a few 1 Pipe Steam Valves and thermostatic operators. Richard and I talked several times about the operation of the vavle.

All in all he did a great job in a short time to explain 1 Pipe Steam, and TRVs.... It ain't as easy as it sounds! A lot of prep time for just a few minutes of air time....

bb
This discussion has been closed.