Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

When I become President

Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
Had to replace two water service main valves last Friday after noon. The Brilliant installer of the oil tank pushed the tank to within about 2" of the line coming in. That was fun! Don't you love when the HO tries to sqoosh the new units in to one corner so they can build their walls right up against it......I put them where I know they will be serviceable. Ho doesn't get a choice there. Mad Dog

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=210&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Bill Nye_2
    Bill Nye_2 Member Posts: 538
    Changes

When I become President, some changes are going to be made!

If you install a piece of heating equipment in an unworkmanlike manner and render it difficult to service I will hereby sentence you to service it for the rest of your life free of charge.

I think any one who installs equipment should be required to service equipment for two years including holidays nights and weekends before they are allowed to do any installs.

Why do you need to put the oil filter six inches from the cement wall at the end of the tank? Ever see a fat man try to change it?

Why do you need to install zone valves 9-10 ft. off the ground near the ceiling?

Why do you need to imprison the boiler with pipes and conduit and wire?

I serviced a boiler today that I installed 17 yrs ago, before I found Dan or the wall. What a pleasure to service and it looked ^@#$*&amp; good too! Neat, every thing away from anything that needed access. Wish I brought a camera. Only thing I didn't do was pump away because I didn't know.
  • Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

The 2006 mechanical code (and IFGC) need the same section as the National Electric Code. Article 110.12 states that all work is to be performed in a "professional and workman-like manner" as well as being neat. We used to get blank inspection slips and write our buddies up for failing section 110.12.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Bill...

I totally agree!!! I like to make things easily accessible,..if not for myself, for the next guy.

Mike T.
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787

One of the first questions on my electricians exam was Article 110.12... HMM... Makes ya think...

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Not the Science Guy/MadDog 08 !

Yea...That's the ticket!

Can I sign on for Secratary of State Bill? You know I'll get everyone on board with you guys. Chris
This discussion has been closed.