Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any Bikers on The Wall.... OT

TimS
TimS Member Posts: 82
Finally a thread I can really contribute to :-)

I'm on a BMW now, 1986 R80. Also have a 2001 Monster 750 I never clicked with and am selling, tough to do because it's flippin' gorgeous. In the "to be restored" pile is a 74 Honda 400/4, Moto Morini 250 2C, and 87 Cagiva Alazzurra that took me over 30,000 miles of western US roads.

About a dozen more bikes back in my past that I never should have sold. I will likely say that about the Monster once it's gone. Like sex you always remember it being good...or at least good enough...

Heading up to VT this weekend for our annual leaf peep. Not one but TWO rainstorms headed our way :-)

jim

Comments

• Billy March_2
    Billy March_2 Member Posts: 57
    What are you riding

Any motorcycle riders out there?? If so, what are you riding?

My wife took the kids to her friends house for the weekend so I thought I would take some of my alone time and take advantage of the beautiful Sunday and clean my bike. Me and a buddy of mine will be taking a ride out to Baltimore next weekend so I figured I might as well get it ready.

Last year we went to Baltimore to see a concert featuring ZZ Top, Chrissy Hines and the Pretenders, REO Speedwagon and believe it or not, The Stray Cats. All at same venue. It was a good concert ,but ZZ Top blew the rest of them away. We were a couple of guys on bikes and we decided to make a weekend out of it.

I gotta tell you. Baltimore......The Inner Harbor....FANTASTIC!!!! And if you are a fan of seafood and maybe an occasional adult beverage...........you have died and gone to heaven.

Anyway, this is what I'm riding. I really want to get a Big Bear Chopper but it'll take a few more boiler jobs to get my hands on one.
  • almost a biker still

Used to ride a Kawasaki 400LTD but age got to me and I had to demote myself to a Honda Reflex 250cc scooter. Couldn't get onto a bike anymore but love that biker feeling. Also love the Inner Harbor of Baltimore Have a great weekend. Ruthe
  • troy_8
    troy_8 Member Posts: 109
    My bike

Honda Goldwing. I went in looking for a dirt bike and came out with a Goldwing. I LOVE IT! I never thought I would like riding on the road with all the crazies. I always figured that the trees didn't move so any crashes were my doing. I'm just not as agile as I used to be so I have gone to the pavement. I'm hoping to go to Americade next spring.
  • To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • oil246gas
    oil246gas Member Posts: 12

i used to ride motorcross ---20 years ago -- i have always riden dirt bikes,trail bikes now i've been riding a dual sport - 30% on road 70% off ---so i can ride the road to the trails --and get into the trails that have no more parking for trailers --
  • Leo_16
    Leo_16 Member Posts: 37
    Sportster

I ride a Sportster, heavy enough to be stable but light enough to handle comfortably. It's not fast but my speed racer days are l o n g gone. I like to putt putt and take in the view.

Leo
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

I ride a '99 Honda Shadow 750 ACE I'm happy just riding around town and taking the occasional road trip with the gang.
    "We see the world as WE are, not as IT is, because it is the "I" behind the EYE that does the seeing"
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    Thumper

I ride a '05 yellow Road King Custom and a black '78 FLH with foot clutch and tank shifter. Bought them both new.
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all

• A VRSC for me
    Nothing but a flash between you and me
  • GAverill
    GAverill Member Posts: 10
    FXDL

I dont get to ride much these days, only 70 miles this year, but I love it when I can.
    This time of year is the best in our area, not to hot or cold, winds are calm.
    What a geat way to burn some stress.
  • GAverill
    FXDL

I dont get much of a chance to ride any more, but I have always enjoyed every moment.
    This time of year is best in our area, not to warm or not yet cold, and not to windy. As good as business is I have added only 7 miles this year.
    Maybe next weekend.
  • GAverill
    FXDL

I dont have much time to ride any more, but I enjoy every moment.
    Fall is the best time of year to ride in our area, not to warm, not yet cold, and not windy.
    As good as business is, it sits with only 7 miles added so far this year. Maybe next weekend....
  • Steve M_2
    Steve M_2 Member Posts: 121
    Italian cruiser

I brought my Moto Guzzi new in 1997 and just love it. It handles great in the twisties and is great on the highway. I heard Sonny Barger of the Hell's Angels once said, Harley Davidson and Moto Guzzi's were the only real motorcycles in his opinion.
  • Pinball
    Pinball Member Posts: 249
    1100 v-star classic

here's my ride an a few pics of me and 50,000 of my closest friends at Americade
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Honda 50

, and a "to be restored someday Amphicat 6 wheeler" :). Oh, and 6 other restored Honda 50's..QA,MR,'86 Chrome Christmas Special..

In the 80's, I ran a Honda dealership w/ the owner's daughter (we were dating at the time, actually living together). My main forte was overseeing the service dept, and turning a wrench when needed. Back then, you name it I rode it.

Along the way, I had collected something like 16-17 bikes from a CBX six to an XR600 to a GL1500 (it had just came out, and I was GETTING out. Having a dealer plate let us choose what to ride everyday of the week (she rode a CB750F and an XR250). Good times!

Alas, in the late 80's/early 90's the party came to an end, and long/short, here I am in the HVAC trade, down to my little minitrails!
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    had one of those too

Ruthe..what a fun scooter!
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    Triumph Tiger

A 3 cylinder 900cc dual sport, 2001 version. I had a 72 Tiger in my younger days and about 30 other bikes in between, mostly dirt bikes. Utah had great off road riding terrain. I am a huge motorcycle fan.

Wish I had more time to ride.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Steven62
    Steven62 Member Posts: 1
    2003 Intruder 1400

I have several bikes (Usually do) in various grades, conditions and types, but the big Intruder is the one I ride the most, daily to work & on weekend trips. I like sportbikes & my woman likes v-twin cruisers, so this was a less expensive compromise than a Warrior. Little known, but the Intruder is a pretty sweet cornering cruiser! I have thrown sparks more than once just because it makes you feel that confident.
  • Jason_22
    Jason_22 Member Posts: 39

2003 Buell XB9S. really fun road machine
    2004 Husqvarna TC450.really scary offroad machine
  • JJ_4
    JJ_4 Member Posts: 146
    Trail 90....

A '73 trail 90...110 mpg! Older bikes were an '76 XL100 and '73 CB125. Can you tell I like Honda singles?

For those who like vintage bikes...check this out:

http://www.bradsbikes.net/
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Ranger
    Ranger Member Posts: 210

2006 Triumph Thruxton

Brit Iron Rebels #141

www.hooliganfilm.com

www.caferacermag.com
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    I'm feeling ...

... really outclassed here, but heck! I toodle around on a Yamaha 650 v-star custom. It does force you to live in the present, which can be good ;~)

Yours, Larry
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

I was thinking,.. you know whats sad...?

When a new pipe threader costs as some new motorcycles.
    "We see the world as WE are, not as IT is, because it is the "I" behind the EYE that does the seeing"
  • had mine out yesterday

gorgeous riding weather
  • Steve M_2

• Steve M_2
    Moto Guzzi

• Steve M_2
    Moto Guzzi

I ride a 1997 Moto Guzzi California 1100. Great handling bike in the twisties and a smooth highway cruiser. It's named after the Moto Guzzi California Highway Patrol bikes they used to ride in the 70's. I've heard the Denver Police used 'em too in the 70's. I have a white half shell helmet I wear with my leathers and on the highway. As I approach cars from the rear they often slow down and get into the right lane thinking I'm a motorcycle cop. Whatever it takes to be seen I say.
  • Brstr
    Brstr Member Posts: 26
    Bikes

2005 FLHRI Love the bike, has never let me down! Fall is perfect riding here in the NW especially the coastal Mountain byways. But once the leaves start falling, and the rains come, those roads get slick!
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    My wife

TL Annmarie, and I just bought a scooter. My wife got the bug when we went to Ruthies this Summer and she saw Ruthies Honda Scooter. We bought a Sym 200 cc scooter and now she commutes the 6 miles to work on it in nice weather. Scooters are getting to be the rage around here and rightly so. Ours gets 70 MPG and can go 70 MPH. She lts me use it to go to the store now and then. I might be getting the bug too. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • eric_2
    eric_2 Member Posts: 148
    my ride

My latest ride is a Yamaha Roadliner 1900cc. Man what a comfortable ride. Upgraded from a Roadstar 1600 2 years ago.
    Big bike but a smooth ride........
  • Bikes and Inner Harbor

My Baltimore place is walking distance to the Inner Harbor. We are there frequently. Glad you had a good time.

I have had Hondas since the 60's. V4 Magna and Shadows later with some runs on CBR's.. Retired from riding but sometimes ride my son's Ducati S4RS but have not had it out of third gear. It is too quick for me and third is still good beyond the speed limits and raise the front wheel.

Survived a few "incidents" and the repaired parts still give me grief. But I miss the bikes anyway.
  • Denny Reardon_3
    Denny Reardon_3 Member Posts: 17

2006 Harley Ultra Clasic. usualy ride on Sundays to N.H or Me.
  • bunch of old bikes

Billy,

I have gone from new bikes to old ones and now am looking at new ones again. Suzuki's, Hondas, kawi's you nakme it.

Right now I ride a 1985 Low Rider FXSB. My son has a 86 Low Rider Sport. Together, they are nearly identical bikes when they were made.. today they look night and day... but both look new :-)

Yesterday I was sitting on a Victory cruiser... the windshield even goes up and down! Imagine!
  • Matt_51
    Matt_51 Member Posts: 7

I don't ride on the street but I drag race a suzuki 1150. It runs 8.40's at 160 in the quarter mile. It's a rush!
  • gilligan
    gilligan Member Posts: 18

This discussion has been closed.