Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The Eagles

don_185
don_185 Member Posts: 312
How far back are we going? I'd never herd of him.

Comments

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Coming round again

The Eagles are one of my favs. (I cant tell you why. Ha!) I saw them 3 or 4 years ago. The old guys can still rock. I must admit that my favorite is Joe Walsh. He looks and dresses like a homeless person. If he pushed a shopping cart on stage with his guitars in it I would die laughing. They are very smart about pacing themselves and have assistant musicians to play wherever they can so the concert (and their fingers) can last for a nice long show. I'd better go get tickets cuz they might be "Already Gone." Ack! WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Ol 55

Ol 55..song made just for a service tech

Now the sun coming up.I'm riding with lady luck,freeway...
    cars and trucks.stars beginning to fade,As I lead the parade.

• Jack_44
    Jack_44 Member Posts: 35
    A great tune

but I'd vote for Tom Waits' version as the definitive one.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Without Don Felder?

It's too bad Don Felder was asked to leave the band a couple of years ago. His voice and guitar has to be missed. He freaking wrote Hotel California! Saw them during the Hotel California tour and Don and Joe Walsh jammed...

Long Live Rock
  • Jack_44
    Waits

Tom is still around. His first album, Closing Time (Asylum SD5061, released in 1973), opens with Ol' 55. He wrote it and his voice (whiskey, cigarettes and gravel) catches the melancholy of the tune, at least to my ear. Anyway, he makes me want to crawl into a bottle and weep.

His second album, Heart of Saturday Night, is just as strong. As you progress through his work, he becomes edgier - a lot of people can't take his later stuff. I like it, but I'm off the wall - except when I'm here.

Check him out - the older stuff is definitely more accessible - bluesy & jazzy with some country & honky tonk. Later stuff becomes more experimental - Bertolt Brecht-ish, even hallucinatory. Some of it is a bit strong for the radio. He's a serious writer, in my opinion. Maybe I've turned you on to a new voice.
  • John Barba_6
    John Barba_6 Member Posts: 55
    Waits..

Some great, distinctive stuff...

The Nighthawks At The Diner live album is a treat and a half

Step Right Up is the perfect song for anyone in sales

The Piano Has Been Drinking -- well, it's pure Tom Waits

JMB

BTW -- the Eagles are nice, too. But Mojo Nixon's song "Don Henley Must Die" is a classic...
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    You gotta love Tom Waits

I haven't indulged myself in listening for a while. I have a live album somewhere. In between songs he exclaims, "I'm so horny the crack of dawn better look out for me." Great line. Only Tom Waits could pull it off. "Good Morning Miss snip, snip snip, with your hair cut just as short as mine."

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jack_44
    Amen to that

But I DID send the photo of myself, the two dead creeping charlies, and a self addressed stamped envelope to Young Tom Waits at the Tropicana Motor Hotel and I still haven't got the lyrics mailed to me....
This discussion has been closed.