Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Copper ?

among other things glows under UV lighting. So, what else are you getting into? :)

Comments

• amhplumb_2
    amhplumb_2 Member Posts: 62
    Copper ?

Fellow Wallies, I have a trivial question related to copper, soldering flux and cleaning. Over the weekend, our family went to "Fright Night" at one of the local amusement parks. We walked through a haunted house where we had to wear 3d glasses and there were black lights and fluorescent paints. Whenever I looked at my hands and fingers, weird spots showed up on them that no one else had! A large one was below my right thumb and I swear to you that it was from polishing the copper tubing! Over the past two weeks I have been working with copper and using the "N' brand paste. Is there possibly something in the flux along with the copper that caused this?
  • Ted G
    Ted G Member Posts: 63

I think you must be an alien.

• Was it yellow-orange in color? Aluminum chloride is a prime ingredient in most flux paste and it will glow yellow-orange under short-wave (or full spectrum) UV light.

The thing that bugs me more about flux than anything is that when I smoke a cigarette after but before washing my hands VERY well, it tastes oddly sweet.
  • You smoke Mike ? LOL,

me too, and I have noticed that sweetness also!
    That`s the second reason cigarettes provide a higher sense of satisfaction(right after), for a job well done LOL!

Dave
This discussion has been closed.