Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

L.E.S. Boiler Burner Questions!

EBEBRATT-Ed
EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
I agree with B.O.B this is a question for the burner manufacturer. Straight gas uses less HP than oil as there is no oil pump to drive so it would probably work, but not being famalier with the boiler I would ask the manufacturer. The other question is do you need full boiler capacity??

ED

Comments

• chip_10
    chip_10 Member Posts: 15
    Wondering if a current burner will work on a new bigger boiler?

Hello All,

Wondering if this burner from Gordon Piatt
    (R10.1-G-30-E2) which has a 3hp motor and modulation will work on a L.E.S. Model HF-3680 Boiler or if I need to change the burner to a (R10.2-G-50) which I think is 5hp with the modulation. Or will this decrease in motor HP not be enough for the HF-3680 vessel? From what I know the HF-3680 comes with the R10.2-G-50 but in L.E.S.'s literature is says the the burner motor HP is only 3hp on gas which is what it is running on, so that makes me think I could get away with the R10.1-G-30-E2 burner which the facility already has.

Anyone have any opinions or expertise in this area???

As always I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Chip
  • Blackoakbob
    Blackoakbob Member Posts: 252
    try John Zink and ...

ask their service department. They are helpfull but can be a little "testi" if they think you don't know what you're doing. I would think that the 3hp would overcome any static pressure in the boiler when applied to a short stack. I'm sure they will need a little more info on the application and boiler/stack conditions. Let me know what you find out. Best regards,
  • ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 958
    good to see

that it was decided to change out the boiler for a single one with enough headroom. With the turndown ratios the L.E.S. can work with, efficiency should be quite good. Should work great with all the other maintenance that was done.

-Terry
    terry
  • Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    I think -

you should check the certification of the boiler as most are put into service with specific burners listed as "approved". That said - you may have a field certification process in your area - that allows field mods, which should be done only in consult with the boiler/burner mfg's. They should have a list of approved combinations - and start up/commissioning specs.
  • RonWHC
    RonWHC Member Posts: 232
    The 10.1-G-30

tops out @ 3920 mbh w/ +.10" chamber pressure. If the LES specs more chamber pressure or flame shaping, the 50 is probably correct. If the boiler does not require full input, firing a burner's top end is better than @ the bottom end of a larger burner.

This discussion has been closed.