Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube/Caleffi/Taco in Brooklyn....(JohnNY)

Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
REAL nice work, Johnny and the boys. Top-freakin-notch Mad Dog

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=299&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Conversion/conversion/conversion

This is an oil to gas conversion of a system converted 30 years ago from steam to hot water in a city school building converted to apartments.

Things change, I guess.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Brad White_200
    Brad White_200 Member Posts: 148
    Hey John!

Nice job to get- thanks for sharing. I like the collage photos, easier to imagine the broader picture.

The Caleffi arrangement alone shows progress in a way that the Owner can see what they eventually will have.

Keep them coming!
  • Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    Nice project

Looks good John,

You gonna make a 10/15 turn the heat on drop dead date?

Keith
  • JohnNY

Thanks, guys. Nice to hear from you both.

Very close to completion.

I've gotta give these two guys credit. It looks like Anthony and Craig not only pipe a mean boiler, but they've got soldering down to an art, too.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Darin Cook_8
    Darin Cook_8 Member Posts: 31
    Very Nice John

Your guys are obviously good craftsman and it really shows. It is nice to see all that great equipment going in. There are still so many people stuck in a 1950's mechanical mindset that it blows me away. You will have some very happy customers when they get their fuel bill!

Darin

• Brad White_194
    Brad White_194 Member Posts: 74
    Stunning

That overall shot says it all. pride included. Compared to what you lugged out of there...

Might I suggest that the photo be framed under glass and mounted on the boiler room wall for posterity? Years from now....

You can "see the flow" in those neat parallel runs of copper.

Do you guys use masking tape to apply your flux? :)
    Dang me if that does not look hand-painted with a 00 brush. I am again challenged to do better thanks to that!

Some good before and after shots will amaze anyone.

As Darin said, their first fuel bill should be a pleasant surprise.

• Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    What do you think

the Dead men would have said if they saw those 2 boilers hanging on the wall?

My guess is.....Those 2 little things ain't never gonna work...who's kidding who?

Looks great John,

Brad that's the 1st thing I thought when I saw that sodder joint, what is that silver paint?

Keith
  • JohnNY
    on top of that...

...those two little boilers convert 798 BTUs (2 x 399) to heat at 95% combustion efficiency.

Pretty cool.

As for the soldering, it's become a bit of a "thing" in our shop.
    The NYC Plumber's Exam requires soldered joints to look like that on a bunch of copper fittings ranging from 1/2" to 3" and you have to solder some of them upside down. A drip is an immediate disqualification. After I passed my test, I just kept on soldering that way and it caught on with my guys. Now they try to outdo each other. It's a good thing.
    It's actually easier than you might think.

Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • JohnNY
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Brad White_201
    Brad White_201 Member Posts: 52
    Now everthing will be

under control! I wish we had an Alex in every zip code. What a great team!

It was always said by my mentors that a neat and orderly project would tell you how it worked. This is no exception start to finish.
  • The Wire Nut
    The Wire Nut Member Posts: 420

Aw Shucks...

Thanks Brad... If I were single, I might be available in a lot more Zip Codes!

I have to say John's crew not only do great work, they work well together.

Alex...
    "Let me control you"

Lost in SOHO NYC and Balmy Whites Valley PA
This discussion has been closed.