Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

S.S. Mod/Con HX

Thanks, for some reason I thought the Knight had an aluminum HX.

I'll give the Baxi a look also. My supplier is looking for alternative boiler to supply anyway.

Comments

• John McArthur_2
    John McArthur_2 Member Posts: 157

The discussion about the erosion hole in the WM alum HX got me thinking about my choices in mod/cons.

Some very interesting points were made about the longevity and durability of aluminum. I am very conservative by nature and detest call-backs. So... I am leaning toward only installing mod/cons with SS heat exchangers. Not to impune any of the manufacturers producing boilers with aluminum but I'll sleep better.

Having stated the above, does anyone know of any quality boiler with SS besides Viessman and Triangle Tube?

I have installed one Vitodens and can attest to the quality but the price point is hard to sell sometimes. I have installed numerous Triangle and Buderus mod/cons.

Curious as to any options that I'm overlooking.
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    The Knight

Lochinvar Knight
  • Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    Baxi boilers

Baxi makes a great quality boiler, both condensing and non-condensing wall hungs.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    residential

I may be wrong here, but aren't all the SS heat exchangers basically the same, except for the Vitodens?

Munchkin

Knight

Trinity

etc

Massachusetts

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Leo G_99
    Leo G_99 Member Posts: 223
    Try these guys

www.ibcboiler.com

fab boilers, and a very different stainless heat x-changer. Very simple, but very trustworthy.

Leo G
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Leo

Have you used these?

I looked over the literature and they look pretty cool.

Tell me more.

TIA!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John McArthur_2
    John McArthur_2 Member Posts: 157

I would also like to hear more about the IBC boiler. Looks like a good package.

I did notice in their literature that they only list altitude corrections up to about 4,500' by changing an orifice in the gas valve assembly.

Interesting how it vents out the bottom.
  • Leo G_99
    Will be

installing 4 of them in next little while. Developed and built right here in Van. so the factory tech is only a phone call away from getting to the job site.

I have been toured by one of my colleagues through a couple of his installs, and man do they ever look nice.

Also, I noticed that they haven't put their newer model on the website yet, onboard controller, very easy to program, and Brad, if you read the literature, they even have an output for a variable speed circ on the primary circuit!Much larger passage ways in the heat exchanger, and the condensate trap off of the exhaust, not through the combustion chamber. Notice also, that after the call for heat has been satisfied, these units will run their blower at very low speed for up to 90 minutes!

Give Bruce a holler and he'll more then likely happily send you an e-mail with the new manual attached!

Leo G
  • Leo G_99
    Will be

installing 4 of them in next little while. Developed and built right here in Van. so the factory tech is only a phone call away from getting to the job site.

I have been toured by one of my colleagues through a couple of his installs, and man do they ever look nice.

Also, I noticed that they haven't put their newer model on the website yet, onboard controller, very easy to program, and Brad, if you read the literature, they even have an output for a variable speed circ on the primary circuit!Much larger passage ways in the heat exchanger, and the condensate trap off of the exhaust, not through the combustion chamber. Notice also, that after the call for heat has been satisfied, these units will run their blower at very low speed for up to 90 minutes!

Give Bruce a holler and he'll more then likely happily send you an e-mail with the new manual attached!

Leo G
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    I liked what i read *~/:)

I think the control on the VS heat cell looked to be the ticket. very straight forward with a directory along side the selector with a "RamP" indicator on the Heat :) that is easy to understand...mostly because you arent looking around in some book or pamplet to see how to get there and what is in there where...there are alot of controls these days, Wii Nientendo controller for all sorts of goodies...dec 23 on U tube is a video on the various aspects of using that game system to control security lighting temps sound video...in a smart house....sorry ,....i digress...

This discussion has been closed.