Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

rite temp 8050c blows cold air at 3 degrees below desired temp

Brad White
Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
No big deal but Freon is the term for R-12, no longer used but the term Freon is often used to describe any refrigerant generically.

Anyway, heat pumps use refrigerant for both heating and cooling.

In cooling mode your indoor coil becomes the evaporator and the outdoor unit is the condenser. This is normal AC operation.

In heat pump operation, the indoor unit becomes the condenser and the outdoor unit becomes the evaporator. Different locus point of condensing is all that is, by means of a reversing valve.

Now, your temperature readings presuppose a certain airflow rate. Unless you know what that is, you cannot say what the temperatures of the airstreams are to be, if I gather your question correctly. The temperature rise is predicated on airflow against capacity.

Might it be that the auxilliary heat is not kicking in and that the heat pump is over it's balance point? Might it also be in defrost mode (whereby the heating operation takes a break to defrost the outdoor coil using hot gas)?
"If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad

Comments

• Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    rite temp 8050c blows cold air at 3 degrees below desired temp

heat will blow warm until it reaches 3 degrees below desired temp and then will blow cold until it drops down 4 degrees from desired, once it is 4 below it will blow warm again until it is 3 below desired temp, then it blows cold again and again and again and again.
  • don_156
    don_156 Member Posts: 87
    Sounds

like the outdoor unit is not running or its very low on freon.This is a heatpump correct?

It sound like it working off the heatstrips only.
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405

yes it is a heatpump, my apologies for not adding that earlier. you have me confused with the freon part though i thought freon was for the ac side of things. is there anything i can check inside to see. i was assuming it had to do with the 8050c although it was put in prior to it really getting cold so it is a possibility that there is an issue with the heatpump itself.
  • don_156
    don_156 Member Posts: 87
    You're correct Brad.

I guess the new term should be blends.

This discussion has been closed.