Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

memorial day

Jim Pompetti
Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
Joe sat in front of me at St James in English class Mr. Buckley was our teacher . I went to St Anthony's in Chester and Bob and Mike were the guys on the corner. Some of us old St James guys meet at Fellin's , its in Media , for lunch now and then . Since the War Memorial was placed on Pennell RD .We have Decided to buy a brick in Joe's honor. If you would like to stop by say hello and meet some new friends e-mail me , and I will fill you it on the details jimpompetti@verizon.net . Thanks for remembering.

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

Do any of you have a name to share of a friend or relative lost to war? My relatives were lost in the civil war. I have their medals but do not know the names. (MANY Whites in the war) I feel deeply for those who lost the most one could lose...their lives. Thanks, to all who served & died for our freedom.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552
    Brothers in Arms

Joe Convery KIA 68 nov

Bob Kolwaski KIA 68 6 days in country

Mike McGinus KIA 68 6 weeks in country

I grew up with these guy , We were all Drafted in Oct 67 ,and they gave their lives. So today take a minute, stop ,give thanks to our fallen brothers . Viet Nam was not a popular war (how can war be popular) But these boys ,all about 19 ,were called to duty and they fought and died . I think about them from time to time ,so many never heard their names. Just the kids next store,their names are carved in granite at THE WALL in DC so there they can live forever .

God bless our vets
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    The service.....

Starts outside my door in the next 1/2 hour. I'm donning my best dress...and heading out there to join the crowd.

21 gun salute..and flowers dropped into the River for the lost and fallen. Happy Memorial Day to one and all.

"Don't forget...THANK A VET!". Chris
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    A day late late but worth mentioning

Marine Lance Corporal Matt Zendars August 2007 (Ramadi)

Seaman James Ehrlich April 2008, while training for ground duty in Iraq at Fort Lewis, Washington.

Neighborhood friends Tom Sturgal and Chuck Erickson both Marines who died in Vietnam.

Thanks for this post,the load of freedom is carried by so few and we cannot thank them or honor them enough.

God bless them all past present and future!
  • Frank_58
    Frank_58 Member Posts: 1
    Guys from Chester

I was looking up old friends names on Google for Memorial Day, and I saw your post. Joe was my best friend he wasn't drafted, he volonteered. We went down to the recruiter in Chester together, but I opted for the navy. I went to grade school at St Joes with both him and Bobby Kowalski as well as Bobby's brother Fred and sister Shirley. i don't recognize your name were you from Aston?
This discussion has been closed.