Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help with Taco RMB-1 Mixing Block

Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
an I series S. use it as a system bypass regulator of return boiler set point... let the pump block regulate the slab .the I series regulate the boiler return...

Comments

• Seattle Nick
    Seattle Nick Member Posts: 64
    Help with Taco RMB-1 Mixing Block

I would like to sell a customer on this Mixing Block for a waste oil boiler but am unsure if it can be programmed to monitor return water temp instead of supply temp as pictured.
    The boiler is a Omni Econoheat based on Crown Boiler casting that will be heating a radiant slab. 140F min. return is permitted. Is it as simple as moving the thermocouple to the return and programming it for that position? Anyone had experience with this mixing block?

Thanks!
  • Brian
    Brian Member Posts: 285

Flip Boiler enable to off and locate sensor to boiler return.

Good Luck
    Dobber
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 703
    Taco RMB-1

If the objective is boiler protection, install the boiler sensor on the return loop, and set the boiler minimum temperature to the minimum setpoint temperature. The RMB will minimize the injected water into the system side allowing the temperature to rise above the min set point temperature protecting the boiler. If you’re looking to run the RMB as a setpoint temperature mode, installing the system sensor on the return, this will result in an erroneous reading to the control. Perhaps you can call me to discuss your application?

Joe Mattiello
    Technical Support Engineer
    Tel. 401-942-8000 X 484
    Fax. 401-942-2360
    1160 Cranston St
    Cranston, RI 02920
    [email protected]
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
This discussion has been closed.