Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Erie Boiler Boss

EdTheHeaterMan
EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,720
Does the Erie boiler boss 4 zone circ control have Normal open and normel closed contacts for each zone?
(Taco and argo only have normal open contacts to operate circulator)

I want to operate steam zone valves that need power to open and power to close
Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics

Comments

• Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704

Look at pages 47, and 48 of the Taco zone control wiring guide. We show valves that need 24 volts to open/close so we take a lead off the right hand t terminal at the top of the board where the thermostat is wired too. For your convenience I attached a copy of the Taco zone control wiring guide. Hopefully this helps you
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • EdTheHeaterMan

Thanks .... but valve motor is 110V
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Ray Landry
    Ray Landry Member Posts: 203

What about using a 120v general purpose relay?
  • EdTheHeaterMan

I can do that for each zone with no problem... I think that is the way i will end up! I was hopeing for the nice compact look of the multi zone panel like Argo, Taco and the like. I have not used Erie Boiler Boss and I can't find the schematic on their website to see if the 4 zone circ relay has SPST or SPDT (with NO and NC terminals) as the single zone relays have
This discussion has been closed.