Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Indirect water heater and single line steam heat

Options
You can get hook up info for this application from any manufacturer of indirect tanks or steam boilers. Usually you supply off the upper side of the boiler just below the water line and return into the bottom of the boiler. You have to use 2 check valves and a strainer along with a high temp or bronze circulator. An aquastat mounted in the boiler will keep the boiler hot enough year round for domestic hot water without makeing steam (Usually set at 180*) You didn't mention what kind of boiler you have, but check www.weil-mclain.com and go to literature. Select Gold Plus and manual. It will show the basics. Hopefully your boiler has the right tappings. We do many of these every year without any problems (did one yesterday).
Good luck.

Comments

• Jerry_16
    Jerry_16 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Indirect Water heater and steam heat

I am looking to have a 40 gallon indirect water heater installed off my steam boiler. My boiler produces steam for a single line distribution system (although I have some condensate lines that are tapped below the steam feed line in the basement). Where are the correct hot water out/cool water return connections made on the boiler side? Can the cool water return be tapped into the condensate return line that will feed the water comming from the W/H indirect coil back to the boiler? What prevents the boiler from heating the house in the summer when the W/H calls for more hot water to be heated? Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.