Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

kickspace heater

The KSH pressure drop plus the elevation drop may be thwarting you. You may need a monoflow tee both in and out, especially if the other runs are much less in pressure drop.

Those clip on aquastats are IMHO not very accurate nor adjustable. Granted you do not want cold air blowing, but I have defeated them by wiring those leads to a line voltage thermostat as the primary control for the heater. Try putting a jumper across the terminals and see if you get any heat. May also be that the water temperature is too low. Capacity drops off rapidly. KSH's generally do not "do reset" well.

Comments

• shawn_10
    shawn_10 Member Posts: 28

Went to look at a kickspace heater today done by another mechanical company.It is an addition in a garage 1 thermastat on 2nd floor and garage below with an entry way where the kickspace heater is.Basicaly turn thermostat up bled kickspace heater quiet one series heater will not come on put heat gun up to aquastat, heater ran basicaly cant see above finished ceiling no idea which way monoflow tee's are going is it possible tee's are installed backwards and that is why. or that there is a 8' drop to heater then has to some way circulate back up.Do you think for my first step without cutting ceiling open is to reverse lines that feed kickspace heater.please help
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    kick space heater

I think your idea is the best way to start try cutting kickspace loose and using rubber hoses as temp lines and see what happens since you have already ruled out the aquastat as the problem only thing i can think of the lines are reversed

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • shawn_10
    shawn_10 Member Posts: 28

Do you think tee's would be a problem if installed backwards.
This discussion has been closed.