Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Quantum 90-100 cycle questions

Guys,

I just (last week) installed a quantum 90 100,000 btu natural gas hot water boiler. I took out an early 1900s HB smith coal burner that was converted to natural gas. The new boiler is great very quite and started up with no problems. My questions are: The Aquastat is set at 180 degrees from the factory. The highest water temp I have seen so far is 140 degrees (outside temp 23 degrees). I am thinking that this is good as the boiler is a condensing boiler. Cooler water means the themostat is being satisfied without taking the water temp to 180. Am I looking at this correctly? Is cooler more efficient? I currently set the programmable thermostat to go between 62 and 64 degrees cooler at night and when no one is home. Would it be better (more economical) to set it at 64 and forget it? The boiler runs 24 minutes out of 60 minutes the hour after the temp change. For example the thermostat goes from 62 to 64 at 4:30 AM. Between 4:30 and 5:30 AM the boiler ran 24 minutes out of the hour. The longest run was 9 minutes.

Kevin
This discussion has been closed.