In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
hydrotherm fire chamber door, melting/Burning
I recently decided to have my carbon monoxide tested in my gas burners flue. It came in at 104 PPM. My plumber removed the jacket and flue pipe, brushed the inside of the boiler to remove the carbon buildup and used a compressor and vac to clean everything up. This lowered the carbon monoxide to 14 PPM. MY plumber also suggested I change the Gas Valve (24 Volts) which I intend to have him do next pay check. The reason for my question is: Would the Gas valve or the carbon buildup be the cause for the little door on the boiler near the fire chamber to be melting? He was not really shure what the cause was and suggested I just leave the little door off. What do you thinK. Thanks for any sound advice.