Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

indirect heaters

Matt_21
Matt_21 Member Posts: 140
i have a particular job where i only have 3' of height to install a boiler and indirect heater. i haven't done a load calc yet but the boiler will probably only be 100,000 - 120,000 btu. does anyone know a manu. who has a boiler and horizontal indirect to fit in this space.

Comments

• Ranger
    Ranger Member Posts: 210
    How much?

...room do you have side 2 side? Crown (and I'm sure other
    manufactures do also,I had a convertable upright or horz.Triangle Tube in my last house) makes a Model MSH-40H
    that is approx. 24" tall 24" deep and 35" long. with mabie a
    NTI Trinity or a Munchkin hung next to it?I don't know how much fun installation or serviceing would be though...
  • Ranger
    Ranger Member Posts: 210
    ...and be kind

...to the next guy when planing the install.My buddy King James had to fight with a Teladyne-Laars this past saturday (Indirect on the bottem,boiler on top)Pinched in a closet w/the burner access faceing the wrong way.Had to transform into Gumby to work on the darn thing...
  • DaveGateway
    DaveGateway Member Posts: 568
    If you only have 3ft clearance

you can't stack boiler and indirect. Crown has the H40 and I think a 50gal horizontal was also comming out. Viessmann also has a SS horizontal. Buderus has horizonal tanks. (not SS). A few makers have smaller low boy model vertical tanks under 3ft like Peerless's 30 gal.

There's a bunch of gas boilers that would fit, oil might limit you to 3-pass horizonal vent models like Crown Freeport, Biasi, Buderus and Viessmann.
  • Matt_21
    Matt_21 Member Posts: 140
    side to side

i have plenty of room. this is a platform in the basement. it 's only purpose is to keep the equipment out of the water if there is a flood. i can make it as wide as i want it is only the 3' high that is the problem.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Matt

Look into Buderus indirects, they make a very good horizontal unit.

We have used them quite alot with no call backs to date.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.