Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

i series Taco stuff

Steve Miller
Steve Miller Member Posts: 115
I posted last week or so about the i series Taco valves and went on a short vacation and missed the replies. Has anyone worked with these yet? Are they even available?

Thanks, Steve M.

Comments

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    howdy

i 2 look for the i Series 075----R and the 100----R i Series. like the pump blocks to me they are the way to go.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 703
    I valve

Thanks for requesting information on the Taco I valve. Attached is the submittal Data sheet that should give you a good understanding on how the valve is best used.

Joe Mattiello
    Technical Service Technician
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Steve Miller
    thanks Joe but....

Thanks Joe for the brochure but what I really need to know when the product is going to be available. I'm in Colorado Springs, BTW

thanks!

• i Series

Two different kinds: reset and setpoint. I wanted to buy a setpoint control for a 1 room radiant job (the rest of the house had radiators), but all my supplier had was ¾" reset.

If that's what you want, call HSC at (800)786-6847 and they'll send you one.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    On IT ! :)

• Weezbo
    :(

sheesh:(
    we are unable to sell parts outside of california or nevada:(
    oh well it was worth the try :) hey I am optomistic:) miricales Could happen:)
  • my rep promises

august 16 :-)
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 703
    I valve availability

$43,000, in Finished Goods just waiting for orders. Looks like a typical new product introduction where the consumer’s ability to get product is limited by the Wholesalers desire to stock a new product. Most wholesalers wait until there is demand before they stock a new product. So, looks like you need to light a fire under the wholesaler’s butt, to order the product. Taco, has committed Tens of thousands of dollars of inventory to meet the demand.

Joe Mattiello
    Technical Service Technician
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • Steve M
    Steve M Member Posts: 26
    \"Off their butt?\"

We recently hosted a Taco meeting at our warehouse, 125 invitations mailed, 25 RSVP's, 11 people showed up. Dave Sweet was here with our rep. to talk about i Series and RMB products. Steve M, the invite was sent to your shop. We were told by the rep. at the time of your inquiry that the product wasn't available yet. Yes, wholesalers wait for a demand on a new product, if we bought every new product offering that came down the pike, we wouldn't be around for long. Is Taco the only manufacturer developing new products? And how about good old Taco reliability? Does ESP ring any bells? Why should we be the guinea pigs?
  • Weezbo
    What more can I do? :))

Like i said i Offered the Taco guy a chance to auction off the i valves and pump block to me:) with afree fishing trip in Valdez:) The wholesaler swears up and down that hes ordered the products, however, from Where?:)) They couldnt have as they dont even have a number in thier computer to order the stuff. I LIKE ESP valves. two went south outa over a hundred..no biggie. so i hype three wholesalers for about a Year now:)))
    One would Think I worked For Taco:))
  • Steve Miller
    Hey Steve

Sorry I missed out on the Taco presentation but I was on vacation at the time. :) I don't know why someone else from our shop didn't go, we have been swamped with AC.

Your right Steve on hesitating stockpiling inventory on a new and unproven product. I do appreciate your help on my request and must say you guys do run the best supply house in Colorado Springs there at Rampart supply. So you must be doing something right. Ahhhh, the ESP's......

Steve M
  • wholesalers

Joe,

I'd be a little easier on us wholesalers. You know the backorders that exist at TACO for the new product(s).

Taco has done a great job promoting the new stuff. It's all great and good. All three have their place in the hydronic industry.

Steve
This discussion has been closed.