Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Do all plumbing/heating supply sites look the same or what?

Hap_HazzardHap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,263
I just happened to follow a link to this site and thought, "did SupplyHouse change their name again???" (They used to be called PexSupply.com.) I had to go to SupplyHouse to convince myself it wasn't the same site. Sure, there are lots of differences, but way too many similarities to be coincidental. They must be using the same web developers or something.
Just another DIYer | King of Prussia, PA

1983(?) Peerless G-561-W-S | 3" drop header, CG400-1090, VXT-24

Comments

• STEAM DOCTORSTEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,167
    Two different sites
  • GroundUpGroundUp Member Posts: 995
    PexSupply branched off into SupplyHouse and PexUniverse several years ago, if I remember correctly
    Hap_Hazzard
  • Hap_HazzardHap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,263
    That would explain it. Another mystery solved!

• STEAM DOCTORSTEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,167
    > @GroundUp said:
    > PexSupply branched off into SupplyHouse and PexUniverse several years ago, if I remember correctly

Not so sure. I think that Pexsupply and pex universe were around at the same time. Pexsupply just changed their name. Could be wrong
    GroundUp
  • GroundUpGroundUp Member Posts: 995
    You are correct- I did a little Google creeping and it appears as though pexsupply changed to supplyhouse back in 2014. Pexuniverse was and is a separate entity.
  • Erin Holohan HaskellErin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 1,352
    edited January 15
    That's right, @GroundUp.

Here's more on the history of SupplyHouse.com:

President
    HeatingHelp.com
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • SlamDunkSlamDunk Member Posts: 836
    well done!
  • Hap_HazzardHap_Hazzard Member Posts: 2,263
    I asked them about this using their online chat feature. They said they're not associated in any way, but I wasn't the first one to notice the similarity. People have asked about it before.

• motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 119
    Interesting the colors are the same.

I have to admit As much as I want to
    Shop local. It’s tedious to pick up the phone and place orders and never totally sure if you get it. Especially if I don’t know exactly what I want. Then I can search online at SH. Pictures, descriptions.

At least a couple Times a week I pull up online install manuals from their site.
  • CondomanCondoman Member Posts: 66
    The few transactions I have had with SH were great and they treat me like any other customer instead of just a home owner.

How the employees are appreciated speaks well of SH.
    Hap_Hazzard