Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is this system piped the best way???

Options
brandonf
brandonf Member Posts: 205
edited April 2018 in THE MAIN WALL
https://youtu.be/vUAOvIiFvos

My parents house. One floor bungalow. Original boiler was at least 50 years old. Very square and very green and oil-fired. Wondering if the system is plumbed correctly for the newer boiler which was installed 10 years ago. House has cast iron radiators and cast iron baseboard and one regular baseboard for the new bathroom. They are all tapped off of the loop the same way. Boiler seems to be set at 180 degrees.
Homeowner, Entrepreneur, Mechanic, Electrician,

"The toes you step on today are connected to the butt you'll have to kiss tomorrow". ---Vincent "Buddy" Cianci

Comments

• brandonf
    Options
    No takers??

"The toes you step on today are connected to the butt you'll have to kiss tomorrow". ---Vincent "Buddy" Cianci
    BenDplumber
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    Looks ok to me. You have a diverter Tee system
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Options
    Nothing jumps out at me. Is it working?
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker
  • SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,167
    Options
    It would be better if the circulator was on the supply side, pumping away from the expansion tank. I like the cast iron emmiters.
  • brandonf
    Options
    It works. Just seems like the kitchen baseboard should be putting out more heat.

• the_donut
    the_donut Member Posts: 374
    Options
    brandonf said:

It works. Just seems like the kitchen baseboard should be putting out more heat.

You could add a balance valve inbetween supply and return. The more closed the valve is, the more flow will prefer to go to baseboard.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,062
    Options
    Some of the tees shown had hex wrench bosses with a ring/groove on one end. Other tees looked normal.
    Each emitter should have one of the special diverter tees to or from it. Could one have been removed and a standard tee installed?
    To get more water thru the kitchen BB you have to "pinch" the pipe between the supply and return to divert that flow.
    But size of the BB matters and its location in the room.
    SuperTech