Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What is the correct term when the air side is waterlogged what do you do?

kami4444 Member Posts: 33
Bleed the water from the tank or drain the water from the tank?

Also, if you can answer... Where is the air coil installed before the fan or after the fan?
And how is an iron filter installed / terminated?



  • newagedawn
    newagedawn Member Posts: 586
    if its a grey tank, it cannot be fixed, it must be replaced
    "The bitter taste of a poor install lasts far longer than the JOY of the lowest price"
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Maybe you can describe the problem you are trying to solve first, and we can go from there.
    In a sealed system, there should not be any continual rust accumulation, clogging things out.--NBC
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Apparently the OP (from Ops other posts) is taking some testing.

    To answer the question of the correct (term used) of a water logged diaphram type expansion tank. "Water logged". What do you do? Replace it. The rubber diaphram in the tank is breached.
    Mark Eatherton
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,428
    Triple thread. Please see one of the other threads on this topic.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England