Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Utica ignitor (dunkirk and carrier as well)

Options
triwayne
triwayne Member Posts: 1
I had an issue with my UB-90 ignitor about 6 years ago and spent a long time doing the research for a cheaper alternative than the Norton 271-R that had failed. A few weeks ago it appeared that my replacement ignitor was failing again so I again spent an inordinate amount of time looking for the cheaper alternative (the label had fallen off the ignitor and I couldn't remember the model number). I am hoping that others in the same situation will find this information useful. The original part number is 227-2133. However, Utica boilers issued a service bulletin that made the new part number 550002068. This new part reduces the length of the ignitor that is inside the boiler. The original part and the service bulletin part are both 17 second ignitors.. (and they are very expensive). I replaced the original with a Norton 201-R and it has worked fine ever since. (It turned out that my problem was not the ignitor but a loose wirenut connection.) The Norton 201-R is a 34 second ignitor but I have not had any problems. Other model numbers that will also work are the protech, rheem and universal parts ignitors all with part number 62-22669-92. Hope this helps...

Comments

• John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    Options
    Rheem? Great, I have several of those old relics that I'll probably never use on a Rheem DrUM.