In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Mod/con poll. Installers only.
Good afternoon. I have finally crawled out from under my bed. The last mod/con post turned out to be a little bit more then I expected. I would like to propose a simple poll.
Setting: Customer with heat load of 125000 BTU. New York City(i.e. long heating season). Old house. Not much insulation. High temp baseboard. Needs new gas hot water boiler. Wants to know your opinion on cast iron boiler boilers vs. mod/con.
Do you tell him
1) No brainer. Go for the mod/con.
2) No brainer. Go for the cast iron boiler and use any extra money for other energy saving upgrades(insulation,outdoor reset etc.).
3) Tell him that its not black and white. Tell him all the pros and cons and let him decide.
Rules of the poll:
1. Poll is open only to installers(not homeowners,distributors, company reps etc).
2. The only answers allowed are 1, 2, or 3. No explanations or other dialogue allowed.
3. Please detail approximately how many RESIDENTIAL mod/cons you have installed and how long you have been installing them for.