Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

New control help

SchlitzSchlitz Member Posts: 1
I'm installing central AC, into my forced hot air system.  I need to install a R8184M control in place of the R7184B control need some wiring help. Have new T-stat and wires installed, from T-stat to the new R8184M controller.  Do I just jump the red and white wires from the new control to the old Red/white connections?



  • SteamheadSteamhead Member Posts: 11,328
    Don't do it

    there is an A/C adapter for the R7184 series that includes the transformer and extra terminals you need.

    If you use the R8184M, you'll lose the valve-on delay feature that the manufacturer specified. That can cause operational problems and warranty issues.
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    "Reducing our country's energy consumption, one system at a time"
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
    Baltimore, MD (USA) and consulting anywhere.
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!