In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Fire Damaged Package Heat Pump Unit
I am working on a building which was exposed to a fire in an adjacent structure. The HVAC equipment looks fine. No visual signs of burned parts, no warping of metal or plastics, wiring looks fine, no soot accumulation on or inside of the unit, condenser and evaporator coils and fins look fine. The machines use R22 refrigerant.
The question has been raised as to whether high temperatures from the fire could have caused issues with the refrigerant and oil. What temperature would damage the machine? What is the best method for testing if the refrigerant is still re-usable, and if not, what procedures need to be followed to evacuate and clean the refrigerant circuit for refrigerant replacement?
Any thoughts would be most appreciated.