In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
I am working on a Senior Design Project on a snowmelt system for a runway. I need some help figuring the heat required in the pipes and how far apart the pipes need to be to effectively melt the snow. Also, I need to know if I need a reheater or additional heat exchanger in order to keep the required temperature. The sample size of the runway I am using is 150 ft wide by 1000 ft long.
Info to take acct
1. Snowfall rate up to 3.5 in/hr
2. Average air Temp at 16 F (-8.89 C)
3. Layers -> Pipe - 2 in. NWT Concrete - 2 in Asphalt
4. Pipe is PEX (HDPE)
5. Mixture in pipes is propylene glycol and water (40%:60%)
6. Pipe - ID - 1 in, OD - 1.125 in
7. Pipe will run parallel with the runway