Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

East Coast Hurricane Flooding & Incredible Damage

Owen
Owen Member Posts: 147
From the western part of the country where fires raged all summer, we hope and wish for the best to our eastern coastal and inland fellow citizens who are now enduring horribly disruptive and perilous times.

Comments

• Bill_N_in_VT
    Bill_N_in_VT Member Posts: 1
    What organized relief efforts are happening?

I'm a former Long Islander, current Vermont resident. Also a former heating/plumbing contractor (in Long Island, it was a hustle side-job from engineering). Are we (heating professionals) organized in any recovery/relief efforts? Lots of basements have lots of flood-damaged boilers. I would be inclined to participate in relief work if there was an organized effort.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    This is so big it's beyond words.

But we're pulling together and helping each other and we'll get it put back together. We always do. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    We had slight damage

in Reading, I had no power for 2 days and there are still areas that will be out for a week.

Strange thing is there is no one here to fix it. I think all our linemen went to New York and Jersey. Its kinda eerie. But there's a lot of fresh timber for the wood stove next year  lol
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Storm

I'm offering free safety checks for any flood damaged appliances in NJ. A lot of people don't even have power for phones or computers to get help.
This discussion has been closed.