Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle tube & fuel savings, great report back

Options
tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
Just got an email from one of my clients yesterday that was very nice to hear. A little over a year ago we replaced 4 AO Smith older hw420 boilers in 70+ unit low income apt (ran by a larger low income entity with many bldgs)  in city with 3 TT prestige 399s. One of the boilers heated a 200 gallon storage tank and the other 3 were for heating the units. They were able to get a 25% grant from local office of housing. We installed the 3 boilers with braze plate heat x for potable hw and piped up largish manifold w/ primary secondary piping, Grundfos magna main circ for bldg, which they have individual zone valves for units. Connected heat x to storage tank. Installed staging control (heat timer for TT).  They looked back at there cost of operation for a yr and went from a little over 30k year to 20K for heat and hot water.  This means a lot to a non profit low income group. I really appreciated them sending me this report as it makes me really appreciate what we all can do for people in need.  The way I see it, this will allow them to provide housing for 2 more people a year just from the savings. I think this is just great. 

On the other end of the spectrum, I talked to another client we replaced boiler for just about a yr ago, 12,000 sft  appx 90 yr old house, had old Raypak copper boiler, installed TT prestige boilers and indirect awh, she says the house has never been more comfortable and saving over 30%, I am pleased. 

Comments

• bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    Triangle tube & fuel savings, great report back

I am sure Triangle Tube would like to hear all the info of the job and the savings. 
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Velcommin to da turdy tree and a turd club...

You have now achieved the status of Turdy Tree and a Turd percent (33-1/3%) reduction in energy consumption. A substantial reduction and commonality with systems of this ilk.

Now, go USE those stats to sell more systems just like it. Hard to deny hard evidence like that :-)

Congratulations.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.