Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus panel radiators

Ron Jr._3
Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 605
Do they usually come with adapters to pipe it in to American sizes ?  Or is that always an extra item ? Wanted to pipe mine in my living room today and boink ! ...................... no adapters .  I was also short 2 lag bolts to mount the rad so I'm guessing maybe the adapts were forgot too .....

I know it's washing machine hose size but it bottoms out before it get's tight . I guess I could try 2 or 3 hose washers and adapt to copper somehow , but that'd be chincy . 

There are 2  half inch ports on the opposite side of the diverter valve . One low and one high ( higher one has a bleeder , lower one is plugged )  . Can they be used to pipe the radiator in ? Or should I just wait to get the right fittings ?

Buderus leaves ALOT to be desired with instructions ( none came with the rad for piping . Only a pamphlet explaining how to mount the rad on a wall ) . Went to the website and they had the manual . No mention about the unused 1/2 inch tappings .....  

Thanks in advance .  

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,145
    howdy

Hey ron  i sent you a email with the panel rad should have been 2 finished rad plugs for those unused tapping one with a vent and the other is to drain the rad especially if you use the divertor valves being they have built in isolation valves and bypass,so you can remove the rad to paint with out draining the whole system .As for the supply and return tapping on the bottom i usually order the divertor valve and order either nuts and ferrules for what ever i am using pex ,copper or pex aluimium pex adp.i know about the accessary catalog it should be clearer and may be updated it is kinda of unclear at least it was for me the first time and i think even harder for the supply house i got them from but after you order about a dozen or so you get the parts list down the install part for myself is the best thousand times better then installing baseboard  and much quicker if you planned some  backing to secure them to .Give me a buzz if you got any questions peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,462
    Wait to get...

the right adapter nuts. They are usually a seprate order. it would depend what you hook them up w/. I have installed a lot of these....including my own place.

I never end up using the lag bolts as I think its overkill, usually 2 1/2" deck screws.

As to the plugs that is a new one on me. I have nev had to deal w/ tose before..always come installed.

kpc
This discussion has been closed.