Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

Gas-powered pump releases CO into house in Beverly, MA

Dan HolohanDan Holohan Moderator Posts: 11,877
Beverly, Mass. —

The Beverly Fire Department responded to 13 storm-related calls

today as of 5:30 p.m., including one in which a house had high carbon

monoxide readings caused by use of a gasoline powered pump.

Deputy Fire Chief Peter O’Connor said many of the calls the

department received were from residents who had water-filled basements.

However, some were caused by water going through smoke detectors.

The most serious incident occurred at 5 Thoreau Circle, where the use

of a gasoline powered pump to remove water from the basement resulted

in high carbon monoxide readings in the home. The house did have a

carbon monoxide detector, which provided a warning to the occupants.
Site Administrator

[email protected]

Hug your kids.


Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!