Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Don't be afraid

Options
Keith_8
Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
Stress the value not the cost. Find out what they want that they don't have now. Ask the questions, don't take the 1st responce as the real issue. Once you know what is lacking figure out how to delivere.

Many salespeople struggle with this concept.

It's not about me it's about them.

The rest takes care of itself.

Keith

Comments

• Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Don't be afraid

In reading the posts about DIY and the other posts about customers comments about pricing being to high it struck me as odd as to why it either situation is that big a deal.

I have customers whose 1st comment is always that sounds like alot of money. Your right it is. You worked hard for it and I don't expect you to hand it over because I said you should. This is what I'm doing for you and this is the fee. It's yes or no, either way I'm not going to get high blood pressure over it.

If we know our costs of doing business. If we know what the quality competition is charging. If we have a good handle on the technology and equipment then we are in the drivers seat. Why worry? There are plenty of reasonable customers who understand the value of what we bring to the table. Live up to your end of the bargain. You will prosper. You will develop a following. Be confident,Be patient, Be persistant, Be available for consultations. Things sometimes take time to develop. It's not unusual for me to follow a job for 2 years and be awarded the project at the end of the day because I'm the one who followed up and delivered the information they needed to sell the job to their financial people.

Let the cheapskates who have all the answers find the guy who is working for today's wages. Don't sweat it, they are made for each other. When his day's wages are paid thats the end of the relationship. No warranty, no insurance, no continuing education. No problem. Good Luck. If you know they aren't listening stop talking and go find someone who will listen.

Be proud of who we are and what we offer.

Keith

• Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787
    Options

That is very true Keith. I think the people this topic really effects are the low ballers not the quality contractors. Quality contractors don't compromise their price or quality.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,926
    Options
    Amen Boys

Keep in mind, these potential customers are paying more for gas, health insurance and Big Mac's why should we not get paid what we need? Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options

Keith,

You have a way with words. How about a second carear as a writer??

Great job, couldn't be said better!

Ed
This discussion has been closed.